2023 Nebraska Grazing Tour
published: Thursday, April 27, 2023
The goal is to bridge the Urban-Rural communities together for productive conversation about the challenges and benefits of properly managed grasslands.
We will tour three farms and ranches in Lancaster and Pawnee Counties, discussing direct-to-consumer agriculture, managed grazing systems, agritourism, prescribed fire, grazing cover crops ,woody encroachment, and generational transition.
The day will finish with an evening meal in southwestern Lancaster County followed by a panel discussion with a diverse group of urban and rural decision-makers moderated by Dr. Michael Boehm, Vice Chancellor for the Institute Agriculture and Natural Resources at UNL.
7:30-8:00am—Registration, Sprague-Martell Community Center, Martell, NE
• 1st Stop—Robinette Farms, Martell, NE
• 2nd Stop—Big Blue Ranch and Lodge, Burchard, NE (sack lunch provided)
• 3rd Stop—Cheney Conservation, Steinauer, NE
• 5:30pm—Evening Meal, Sprague-Martell Community Center, Martell, NE
• 6:15pm—Panel moderated by IANR Vice Chancellor Mike Boehm
Click Here to Register